O come, let us worship and bow down; let us kneel before the LORD, our maker!Psalm 95:69340 West 147th Street, Orland Park | Services Begin Sunday Morning At 9:30am and Sunday Evening at 5:00PM LiveStream
The Nature of Worship
Corporate worship is the formal gathering of God’s people in the court of the King of kings and the Lord of lords. We come as one body and many parts to hear the voice of our God and to present ourselves to Him. Worship is to be God-centered. Our focus is not to be on what we get out of it or what we give to it, for God does not desire our sacrifices and offerings, but the heart that brings them (Psalm 51:16-17; Hebrews 10:4-10). Rather, our focus is to be on Christ; therefore, the worship of our God is, and historically has been, centered in the proclamation of the whole counsel of God; the rehearsing of His law and of the blessings and cursings of the covenant; the good news of our salvation; our hope in Jesus Christ; and the call to repentance, faith, and service.
- Sunday School: Meets Sundays Sep-May at 11:10am
- Youth Group: for high schoolers, meets 2 Sundays per month
- Cadets: for boys 2nd-8th grade, meets on the 2nd & 4th Tuesdays of the month, Sep-May
- Women’s Bible Study: for all ladies 18 and over, meets Wednesdays Sep-Apr
- Pastor’s Bible Study: for all adults, meets the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays of the month, Sep-May
- Prayer Meeting: meets every Thursday morning
- Covenant Girls: for girls 3rd-8th grade, meets 1st & 3rd Thursdays of the month, Sep-May
- Prison Ministry at Stateville Correctional Center led by Rev. Brett Mahlen
Orthodox Presbyterian Church
Covenant Church is a member congregation of the Orthodox Presbyterian Church (OPC) and is committed to the historic Christian faith as taught in the Old and New Testaments and summarized in the Westminster Standards. Because of our unique history, we are also committed to the Heidelberg Catechism, The Belgic Confession, and the Canons of Dort.
We are open for regular worship with social-distance guidelines in effect. Click here for full details. For those who are health-compromised, we are also live-streaming our worship services at least through the month of June. To participate at 9:30am and 5:00pm, go to https://www.facebook.com/groups/241493983554046/Annual Fall Conference: Oct 9-11, 2020, with Rev. Stephen Atkinson of Christian Witness to Israel
Most Recent Sermon